Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Frozen Peanut Butter Treat (aka smudgies)

I have been using this recipe for months now and many of my challengers LOVE it. Kids love it, adults love it, and all the while we are eating something clean and healthy. I decided it was time for me to write it up and get it archived on my own personal little recipe book.  I only put my favorites on this blog so that I can find them easily and share them easily with you guys.  So here you go!  An awesome little treat for summer.



Here's What You Need:
1.  2 ripe bananas
2.  2 tablespoons peanut butter
3.  handful of chocolate chips (optional)
4.  9 graham crackers (the full sheet)

Here's What You Do:
1.  Mash the bananas in the bowl.


2.  Add in peanut butter and combine.
3.  Toss in your chocolate chips and mix.
(yes it is that easy)


4.  Break the graham cracker sheets in half and spread the mixture on one half, top with the other to make a sandwich. You should end up with 9 sandwiches.  
Sometimes I have left over filling and my kids love to gobble it up or just throw it on a cracker and have it immediately while they wait for the others to freeze!


5. Wrap in aluminum foil and freeze for about 6 hours.


So I calculated this up and each cookie has approximately 130 calories. That is it! And it is packed with protein and fruit and deliciousness. This is my kind of ice cream sandwich - all the flavor and the goodness without the side of guilt right?

Enjoy this delicious treat with your kids but be sure to have one as well...you won't regret it.



Gotta give the credit to the original recipe and thank Pop Sugar for bringing this goodness into my life and the lives of my challengers!
http://www.fitsugar.com/Healthy-Snack-Smudgies-1731994
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment