Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Single Serving Vegan Brownie

A quick post to share something so delightful with you.  

I just discovered this amazing single serving brownie tonight and immediately came to the computer to share it with you guys.  

So easy to make.
So fun to make.
A healthy twist on a brownie.
And...no huge pan of left overs to trip you up all week.



Here's What You Need:
-  2 tbls whole wheat flour
-  1 tbls vegan chocolate chips
-  1 tbls brown sugar
-  1 tbls unsweet cocoa
-  1 tbls honey (or agave nectar)
-  1 tbls unsweet applesauce
-  1 tsp almond or soy milk
-  1/4 tsp baking powder
-  1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Here's What You Do:
1.  Preheat your oven to 350.
2.  Spray a single muffin cup (or use a liner)
3.  Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and chocolate chips together.
4.  Stir in honey, applesauce, milk, and vanilla.
5.  Mix until well combined.
6.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean (mine took 20 minutes).

So I also tried to serve mine with the 1 ingredient banana ice cream (freeze bananas and then put in food processor until ice cream consistency).  I thought the brownie would need this but it really didn't.  It would have been good on its own.  I also thought a nice touch would have been to melt 1-2 tsp of peanut butter and drizzle that on top. That is what I will do next time and leave out the ice cream idea.

Seriously this thing was so delicious right out of the oven.  I can't wait to make them again...and I will soon (like probably tomorrow).

Hope it helps you fight off the sweet tooth too.







ps - I doubled that recipe so I could make one for me and my hubby!  Chocolate is always better with company.

Original recipe from here and check this blog out. She has awesome simple vegan recipes - I use it all the time.
http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/single-serving-vegan-brownie/
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment