Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Pumpkin Parfaits

Here is another pumpkin infused breakfast idea.  I know - I'm pumpkin crazy right now. I love trying out these new ideas on the kiddos and just seeing how it goes.

So pumpkin parfaits for breakfast....why not?




Here is What You Need:
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tbls maple syrup
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup greek vanilla yogurt
  • 1/3 cup granola (I had pumpkin spice granola from Trader Joes)
Here is What You Do:
  1. In a bowl, mix together the puree and the syrup and cinnamon.
  2. In a glass, alternate layers of the puree mix, yogurt, and granola.




Yep - it is that easy.

You can also top this with some extra fruit like raisins or strawberries if you'd like.

Again I love this as a breakfast because I am getting the protein in with the greek yogurt and some fruit.  All the while my oldest (my youngest wasn't into this one) enjoyed eating breakfast out of a cup.

Score for Mom!

Enjoy!


Original recipe here:  http://www.athleta.net/2014/10/12/pumpkin-pie-yogurt-parfait/
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment