Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Baked Doughnuts - Need I Say More?

So I found this cute little doughnut pan at the store and I just had to try it out.  I had a great friend bring some healthy doughnuts to a play date one time and they were delicious. So I called her up and tested our her recipe.

These little things were a hit right out of the oven. Elli helped me bake them up and both kids helped me eat them.  No  questions asked.  We made chocolate chip baked doughnuts but you could add fruit or cinnamon or anything your heart desired (but you know my heart desired chocolate).



Here's What You Need:
1 cup almond flour 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 cup stevia in the raw (or sweetener of choice) - I used 1/4 cup brown sugar 3 eggs 2 Tbsp. coconut oil 1/2 cup almond milk
Any mix ins you'd like!

Here's What You Do:
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Distribute evenly into the doughnut pan (mine had places for 6 doughnuts so I ended up doing this twice and got 9 doughnuts out of this recipe).
Bake for 10-12 minutes (until springy to the touch).
Enjoy!!!

So like I said, we made ours with chocolate chips. I plan to melt a teaspoon or two of peanut butter in the morning and drizzle that over top to add some protein and boom - breakfast. These aren't messy either so you can really carry them anywhere. The kids ate them plain but I think the peanut butter would be a good addition if using it for breakfast.

Hope you enjoy this little treat!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment