Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Yes you read it right.  I said it. It is:
1. Chocolate
2. Cake
and
3. Can be made in a mug




I'm not going to belabor this - I'm going to fill you in ASAP on this thing.

Here's What You Need (besides a major sweet tooth hankerin' which is what inspired me to find this recipe in the first place).
  • 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch stevia (I used a pinch of raw sugar)
  • 2-3 tsp applesauce
  • 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Optional: I added in chocolate chips (of course!)
Here's What You Do:
  1. Mix your dry ingredients together.
  2. Add your liquid.
  3. Stir together well.
  4. Spray a coffee mug and pour batter in.
  5. Cook for 43 seconds (that was the magic number for us)
  6. ENJOY guilt free!

We actually melted about 3 tsp of peanut butter and drizzled that on top of ours for an extra shot of protein (and because I love peanut butter).  The original recipe without chocolate chips and pb has about 140 calories.   With the chocolate chips it is more like 180 calories (what what!)  That is awesome right?  All healthy, vegan, and delicious!  

I got the original recipe from here  http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/06/one-minute-chocolate-cake/

Let me tell you - this girl's blog is AWESOME and I will be buying her cook book - FOR SURE.

Let me know how you liked it,



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment