Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Honey Glazed Spiced Chicken: Crockpot & Freezer Friendly!

I am was so stinkin' excited to try this new chicken dish.  I am always looking for a new and different way to do chicken because we eat a lot of chicken around these parts.  Unfortunately this is one of the dishes I lost thanks to Miss Sandy.  Thankfully it's so easy I can whip it up again really soon!

- Stay tuned for finished pictures! - 

Honey Glazed Spiced Chicken - from this amazing site here

1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used 3 chicken breasts)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 quart freezer bag
1 gallon freezer bag

Directions:

Gather ingredients.  I had to buy several new spices for this recipe.  But the good thing is I can use them for many other recipes, so if you don't have them - work out your budget to add them to your pantry.

Mix honey and cider vingar and set aside.

Mix together spices and set aside.  I used a round pie pan and a fork to mix everything together.  It worked well and allowed me to have enough space to evenly coat all the chicken.  You could also put all the spices in a gallon bag (the same one you could then use to freeze the meal) and then toss to coat.


Cover both sides of the chicken with seasoning, set aside.


To freeze: Pour the honey mixture in a quart bag.  Place this bag and seasoned chicken in a gallon freezer safe bag and freeze.  The original author's directions is to pour honey mixture over chicken, seal and freeze.  But I thought this could be messy, so I opted to freeze them separately.
To serve: Thaw in refrigerator overnight.  Place chicken and glaze into slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 3 - 4 hours.  The original author also suggests basting the chicken with some of the liquid periodically throughout cooking if you are able.

The Verdict
It certainly looks like it has potential to be very flavorful!!  Stay tuned!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight. It was good! Jacob loved it because he loves anything spicy. I have a super sensitive mouth so anything remotely spicy makes my eyes water up. But it was good to have so much flavor and it was SOOO easy..had it ready and in the crock pot in less than 10 minutes! That is my kind of meal =)

    ReplyDelete