Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Zucchini Turkey Burgers Revisted

Hello.  I've missed you.  It's been a CRAZY - I repeat - CRAZY couple of weeks.  We traveled back to our home home for a weekend of wedding preparations and engagement partyin'. On our ride back I had shingles appear and was subsequently banished to my home for a week praying so hard that Little One wouldn't catch the chicken pox from me!  We traveled back home home to happily help celebrate DH's sister's wedding.  {insert deep breath here} And we had to leave early so we could travel back to our home and prepare for Hurricane Sandy.  Whew.  Just writing all that makes me tired.  I've never wanted to get back into a schedule and routine as I do now.  I wasn't lying when I said I was stocking my freezer for a busy October!  The good news is we are okay and we had no property damage from the storm.  We did, however, lose power and some of my freezer meals.  So sad!  I will post one of the recipes I was waiting on to cook - and I'll remake it - and let you know how it turned out.

I'm so glad I had these handy zucchini turkey burgers in the freezer. I was able to cook them up before we lost power so we could have some good protein to eat after the storm.  I unfortunately didn't have the ability to let them thaw all the way so they were still quite frozen when the time had come to cook them.  The winds were picking up and I just couldn't wait any longer.  But let me tell you - even though they were a little tough because I had to cook cook cook them - their flavor was delicious!  I was afraid the zucchini would make these fall apart when they were cooked, but they held together really well.  Know that I will make these again and prepare them in a way that they will maintain their juiciness :)  


See?  Easy way to get hidden veggies into your kids!  They look {and taste} just like real burgers, but they're loaded with zucchini!  They had a great flavor.  As you can tell, I cooked them on the stovetop.  I would highly highly suggest that you allow these burgers to thaw completely before cooking them.  

Even if our burgers were tough, we are so thankful that was one of the biggest problems of the week!  SO many people lost SO much.  

Together we are prayerful for all those affected by Sandy's wrath.
Say a prayer today with me,
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment