Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Zucchini Turkey Burgers: Freezer Friendly

These burgers are in the freezer and waiting on me!  I'm excited to try them since I added zucchini to them for the first time.  If they're great - it would be an awesome way to add some more vegetables into our diet... something I'm always looking to do.  Check back and I'll let you know how they turn out!!

- big juicy burger picture goes here - 

Zucchini Turkey Burgers - from this recipe


1 lb extra lean ground turkey breasts
2 medium zucchini, grated
seasonings to taste (I added an all purpose seasoning)

 Gather ingredients and grate zucchini.

Combine all ingredients.

Form into patties.

I placed the formed patties in between layers of wax papers and placed in the freezer.  Once they were frozen, I placed everything in a freezer safe gallon bag.

To cook:  Thaw.  Turn on broiler and broil 10" from the heat for 7 minutes per side.  (You can also cook these burgers BEFORE you freeze them!)

The Verdict
This was amazing because I was able to stretch 1 lb of meat into 7... SEVEN!!!...  burgers.  Wowzers!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment