Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Bulk Whole Wheat Pancake Mix

I am posting this here so I can find it easily next time. For some reason I always lose this recipe. Well, I'm not sure it is a recipe but I love having this mix on hand.  I use this recipe to create a bulk supply of whole wheat pancake mix. When I am ready for a morning of pancakes (or pancake poppers), I just get one cup of my mix, one cup of milk, one egg and boom - pancakes are ready!
(To make this vegan simply substitute 1/4 cup applesauce for the egg)

So here is what you have to combine to have the mix ready for when you need it:

Combine
1.  5 cups whole wheat flour
2.  3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
3. 1/2 cup white sugar
4.  2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
5.  4 teaspoons salt
6.  4 teaspoons baking soda

Whisk these together and store in an airtight container



And here is a little bonus recipe - pancake poppers. I make a batch of these in my mini muffin tin and we have them for several days. You can serve with warm syrup or even top with a little peanut butter for added protein!


Original recipe for bulk mix here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/whole-wheat-pancake-mix/

Hope this helps you in the chaos that we call breakfast time!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment