Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

As I have mentioned before, I am constantly working to get the processed foods out of my house and start making my own things for the kids and for me.  This isn't something I'm doing over night. It is a small steady change that I work on. I am busy, my kids are crazy some days, and some days we just need a quick easy snack. But then there are times when I can try out a new recipe and I embrace those opportunities.  This was one of them.  We tried out making the no bake peanut butter bars.  Now you know I posted another peanut butter bar recently here, and this is very similar. The difference is this one is sturdier.  You know for a real snack - a nice heavy snack that will tide you over. The Cheerio one is a bit light and definitely not as filling as this one.  I like both because I like to mix it up.  

Here is what you need:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
3 cups quick cook oats

Here is what you do:
1  Melt the honey and peanut butter over medium heat until smooth
2.  Mix in the oats and remove from heat
3. Stir well
4.  Press into 9x9 pan
5.  Let cool (I refrigerate mine but that is how I like them. They do not have to be refrigerated!)





















Verdict? These were delicious and perfect for everyone. The kids like them for snacks, I eat them for a night time treat, and Daddy takes them in his lunch to work.  Score! Clean, easy, and home made. 

Enjoy!







original recipe here:http://www.food.com/recipe/natural-no-bake-peanut-butter-energy-bars-163297?layout=desktop
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment