Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Vegan Blondie Brownie

I hesitate to put the word vegan in the title because I don't want any skeptics.  These things are GOOD - really good. How do I know? I had my father in law try "a brownie" and he liked them. After that I told him they were made from chickpeas and he still ate several more. So trust me when I say, these things are good! So good in fact that I made them again today because I just HAD to have them. And yes, I HAD to have them.  This is actually a quick recipe and I plan on making them often simply because my kids think they are cookies but they are so clean and healthy they can eat them all day and I don't care!

Please please please give it a try - you won't be disappointed.  

Sorry for the lack of pictures - I had a sick kid and couldn't take pictures while prepping but I really wanted to get this recipe to ya!

Here's What You Need:
- 1 can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained!)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- level 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 

Here's What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Blend all the ingredients (except chips) until very smooth in a good food processor (not a blender)
- Mix in chips and scoop into a greased 8x8 pan and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top
- Bake for about 30 minutes
 (they will look a little under cooked when you take them out but they firm as they cool and you don't want them to get hard!)

Please let me know what you think of these. Try them! Be brave!  You will like them - I promise.  







Don't forget our challenge. This thing is awesome! 21 Days to focus on nutrition, clean eating, and how to live a healthy balanced life style.  Comment here for more info!! 


Original recipe here:  http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/  
Check out her blog - awesome good stuff there!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment