Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"Two" Ingredient Cookies

Ok for some reason I have had a SERIOUS sweet tooth this week. I mean the - hide the bag of chocolate chips or I will inhale it - kind of sweet tooth.  So since I do NOT believe in deprivation (only leads to over eating later), I decided to satisfy my sweet tooth in a healthy way. This leads to a quick bonus blog post for you!  I found these on Pinterest and I have always loved them. I kinda forgot about them so I was happy to pull out the recipe and try again this afternoon.

Here is the low down. They are called two ingredient cookies but for me they are always three ingredients because I always always make them with chocolate chips.


So for my version you need three things:
2 bananas (don't have to be old but can be)
1 C quick oats
couple of handfuls of chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
1.  Mash the bananas up in a mixing bowl.  See my picture for how "mashed" I made mine.


2.  Add in the quick oats and any additional things you would like (chocolate chips, cinnamon, walnuts etc).  Since all bananas are different sizes, the original recipe recommends that you play with measurements. If it seems to runny, add in more oats.  
Also be aware that if you add in too many mix-ins, they won't hold together.

3.  Drop them onto a greased cookie sheet.

 

4.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
5.  ENJOY!

I am stealing this thought from the original author of the recipe but there are a lot of "two ingredient" things floating around out there.  Most of these require a box of cake mix and a can of pie filling.  I love that these "two ingredients" are natural and healthy. I feel zero guilt popping this into my mouth. I think the original recipe says you can make 16, this batch made about 13.  I love how the original author puts it.  Quoting her she says, "Sometimes we’ll make 16 “cookies”. And we’ll eat them all for lunch. I know what you’re thinking… WOW lauren you’re gonna be 500 pounds if you keep eating 8 cookies. But think about what went in these cookies! If I ate 8 cookies, I’ve had: 1 banana, 1/2 cup of oats, and half a handful of chocolate chips and walnuts. Amazing. "

No guilt at all for me when I enjoy these cookies! Thank you Burlap Bag for saving my waist line tonight and for making my entire family happy (like I said no guilt that both kids had 2 cookies each).  Check out the original recipe and great post at :

Eat up everyone!







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment