Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lazy Chicken dinner

The perfect tired mommy dinner, thanks to one of my favorite crockpot bloggers.  She affectionately calls it "Lazy Chicken" and I concur with that name!

I was so tired I didn't even take a picture of the process and I was apparently standing in the light when I took the picture of the final dish.  Hello my arm in the picture.

But, the good news is, there's not much of a process.  Yep, it's that easy.

Lazy Chicken Recipe
Frozen chicken breast (I used 3 to have one leftover for lunch tomorrow)
1 Jar Spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Heart Smart Roasted Red Pepper sauce)

Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. Serve.


I couldn't remember the cooking instructions when I dumped this together at lunch. {We're trying to get my child to sleep at night.  I went to bed close to 4 and got up around 8:30.  Yep, tired.} So, I ended up starting it out on low for 4 hours and then cranked it up on high for a final two hours.  Did I mention how I love this recipe?  It's oober easy and pretty much fail proof.

And I just microwaved some steam-in-a-bag broccoli to go along side and cooked some whole wheat spaghetti.

The Verdict:
The sauce was a little runny and I had to soak it up a little on the plate before adding the broccoli.  This dish might work better in a bowl.  But it was SO WORTH it for how quick and easy it was.  Literally, set it, forget it and have dinner on the table in 10 minutes.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I am on a crock pot mission. Trying this one out next week...

    ReplyDelete