Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Freezer Cooking first: Teriyaki Chicken

I'm taking a meal to a sweet family with a new addition.  Build your own tacos to be exact.  You know, meat, taco shells and all the fixin's.  I decided I would take them something to stick in their freezer too.  I mentioned this website in an earlier post and pulled it out finally to use this weekend.  The recipe makes two bags {read: batches} and was oober easy to throw together.


For two batches:
medium - large bag of carrots (I used 3 large handfuls of carrots for each bag)
red onion cut into large chunks
2 large cans pineapple, undrained
4 garlic cloves (I used a heaping teaspoon of garlic for each bag - I was running low!)
4 chicken breasts (I added an extra  small chicken breast to her bag since it was going for a family of 4, not including precious baby :))
1 cup teriyaki sauce
2 gallon sized freezer bags

Directions
Prepare your two bags.  First, write directions on the bag. (Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce {or water} to crock pot. Cook high for 4 or low for 8.  Serve over rice.) Then split the ingredients into each bag.  Shake it up.  Remove as much air as possible. Seal.  Put in the freezer.  


To use from the freezer:  Remove from freezer the night before you want to use.  Let it thaw in the refrigerator over night.  Then prepare in the crockpot.

Hers is ready to be delivered to her today.  I kept it in the refrigerator so that she could decide whether she wanted to place it in the freezer or not.
Mine has found a home in the freezer for future use!

The Verdict
To be determined...  I'll let you know how it tastes!

As far as ease of preparation, I'm super stoked at how easy it was! I've never made a complete crockpot meal to stick in the freezer before.  The lady from the blog swears by it and freezer prepares her meals a month in advance.  Wouldn't it be nice to have that much freezer space!

Stay tuned!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment