Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bars

So I've been really working on finding home made snacks for the kids. I have played around a lot with various peanut butter bar recipes. So confession time - I actually like them more than my kids. They eat them OK - but I devour them. So good.  I've tried several over the past couple of weeks and will probably write up all of them. This is the one I made today.  I really like this one because it calls for less peanut butter than my other ones so it is cheaper in the long run.

What you need:
1. 1/2 C Peanut butter (original called for crunchy but I didn't have that)
2.  1/2 C Honey
3.  3 C cheerio style cereal






What you do:
1.  Melt the peanut butter and honey in a sauce pan until liquidy (is that a word?)
2.  Remove from heat and stir in cheerios 
3.  Put in 8x8 greased pan, press down, cover, and chill in fridge for one hour


Now I will tell you that I ran out of cheerios so I had to use 1/2 c of rice krispy treats but I kind of liked the crunch it gave. Also, I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top because, if you follow me at all, you will see that I have to have chocolate in everything.  Yep, everything.

My only concern with this style of the bar is it seems to be more crumbly so maybe it will make a bigger mess when the kids eat it?  Honestly though - what is one more mess to clean up at this point?  They really are delicious.

Try them and let me know what you think!
Happy snacking!!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment