Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie for Kids (or you!)

So you know I eat my three ingredient cookies everyday (ok usually two a day!) But I don’t feel guilty about that. They are only about 45 calories a piece and made from completely clean ingredients –no dairy, no oil, just deliciousness. 

Well while scrolling through pinterest during our snow days here recently I saw a new twist on the same cookie idea. The difference? These are peanut butter and jelly cookies instead of chocolate chips cookies. Now I love chocolate chips but not everyone in my family is quite as addicted so I thought this might be a good change for them.  And my kids love pb&j so why not a pb&j cookie?

So here is the recipe. It is easy, quick, and you can feel great about your kids having one or two cookies a day if they are made with these ingredients!


Here’s What You Need
Two ripe bananas
1 cup quick cook oats
 2 tablespoons peanut butter (you can use chunky for more texture but I didn’t have any on hand)
 4 teaspoons of reduced sugar jelly (I didn’t have that but just used normal jelly)

Here’s What You Do:
Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray
2     Mash your bananas and combine with peanut butter
      Stir in the oats and mix completely

    Drop by the tablespoon onto the greased cookie sheet
    Make a small indention on the top of each cookie

   Bake for 15 minutes
   When they are done, drop ¼ of a teaspoon (I just eyeballed) of jelly on top of each cookie


So let me know your thoughts!  I personally didn't love them as much as the chocolate chip (but again I have a chocolate chip problem) but I think they are good and my kids ate them up.  My husband he said he also liked them better because he liked the milder taste of this cookie versus the chocolate chip one.








And I can't leave without talking about this 21 day challenge I am doing in February. I am so pumped about it!  It is a fast, focused 21 days. We are going to do a real emphasis on clean eating and nutrition.  We will have work outs for you as well as accountability like you wouldn't believe!  Message me below if you want in or find me on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/laurawallerteamact





Original Recipe from Here:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/pb-j-healthy-oatmeal-cookies.html#_a5y_p=1213103
  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment