Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies

I pack my hubby's lunch for work every night. It is an easy way for us to use dinner left overs and save a few bucks (plus I figure if I have to eat at home - he can't be going out every day too right?) I digress.  I usually pack him a couple of cookies as an after lunch treat and we were out of his favorite kind this week, Fig Newtons. In a scramble, I looked up easy cookie recipes and found this gem. They are super easy to make, dairy free, grain free, and delicious.


Here's What You Need:
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Flax seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon Water
  • 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter 
  • 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Honey 
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/3 Cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips 
Here's What You Do:


1.  Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2.  I used flax seed mill so I didn't need to grind mine. If you didn't buy it ground, first grind the flax seeds in your spice grinder, and place them in a mixing bowl. 
3.  Add the water to the flax seed and let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
4.  Add the peanut butter, powdered sugar, honey, vanilla, flax seed combination, and baking soda to the bowl.
5. Stir until well combined. 
6.  Stir in the chocolate chips to evenly distribute. The mixture is going to be very moist.  The original recipe says you can place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden up but I just went with it moist and it worked.
7.  Place the cookies by the tablespoonful on your baking sheet (I put aluminum foil down and grease it with coconut oil).  
8.  Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. When they are done, take them out and let them cool for about 15 minutes as they will harden as they cool.

Makes 8 to 10 cookies with about 140 calories (clean, good, healthy calories) a piece.

This cookie is a winner for us because it is so easy to make and so stinkin' delicious!  Try it out and let me know what you think.  I think next time I'll just go ahead and double the recipe because I ended up making it two nights in a row.  




Original recipe here:  http://www.godairyfree.org/news/nutrition-headlines/easy-peasy-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-for-dairy-free-egg-free-and-grain-free-cravings

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment