Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Update - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

An update worthy of another post.  Mmmmm {insert drooling mouth here}...

My in-laws are in town and the Little One is asleep.  Yes, I said ASLEEP.  He's been asleep since 7:45.  A HUGE FEAT for one who holds out until 10:30 or 12:30, sometimes 2:30 at night.  I'm still holding my breath.

I had a sudden urge for chocolate.  Surprise surprise.  I quickly searched the blog labels and found the 1 cookie recipe.  Ooh yeah.  This little baby right here.

The updates I used:
instead of 1 cup dark chocolate chips ----- 1 cup MINI semisweet chocolate chips
instead of baking 11 minutes ----- bake 13 minutes for an even crispier cookie
instead of melting the butter ----- I softened the butter with 15 second bursts in the microwave {because I was too stubborn to wait for butter to soften on the counter - a girl's gotta have her chocolate Friday night, heck - any night - fix :)}


Cheers to Friday night!


~ p.s. ~  
I had some dough left over - enough for about 4 cookies - and I stuck it in the freezer for a little experiment.  I'm trying it out for all you lads out there to see if we can freeze this delicious batter.  A frozen cookie readily available might just make any bad day better!  I'll let you know how it turns out!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment