Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Crockpot Honey Barbecue Pork Loin Roast

I finally had success with the pork loin roast!  I fixed one about 4 times ago that was delicious and the past 3 times had been total flops.  But, today, my dear friends was success!  And it was SUPER easy! The hardest part was waiting for it to cook the whole day.

All juicy and delicious

The recipe came from here:
Crockpot Honey BBQ Pork
3 lb boneless pork roast
16 oz bag baby carrots
1/2 cup purchased BBQ sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp salt (I omitted)
1/4 tsp pepper


Place pork and carrots in a 3-4 quart crockpot.  Combine BBQ sauce, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and pour over ingredients in crockpot.  Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or until pork is thoroughly cooked.  Makes 6 servings



Yes, it was that easy.  I finally took a picture of the packaging so I'd remember what kind I bought.  These can be kinda pricy, but worth it for how much food it makes.  And when you find it on sale, stock up.
 Before:                                           After:

It was melt in your mouth tender.  Fiiiiinally.  You can see, I removed the layer of fat that was on the top after I cooked it.  I think it helped to keep the meat nice and juicy.


The verdict:
Um, yes.  I will be keeping this recipe.  I didn't exactly looove the carrots in the BBQ sauce, so I might experiment with some different sauces.  But, the pork was really good.  I froze half of it and am going to use it for pulled pork sandwiches in the future.  You thaw out the meat, shred it, then heat up in a skillet with some BBQ sauce.  But it on buns with some lettuce or slaw and bam.  It's done :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment