Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banana Chocolate Pockets

Leftover wontons from this recipe.  Almost too ripe bananas.  Chocolate.  Why, yes please!  Crunchy.  Creamy.  Chocolate-y.  Banana-y.  Someone please catch my drool!  These couldn't be easier.

You need:
8 wontons
1 banana, thinly sliced
4 teaspoons, mini chocolate chips (or your choice)
dash of cinnamon

Spray your foil lined cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.  In each wonton lay 2 banana slices and 1/2 teaspoon mini chocolate chips.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Be careful not to add too much so you'll have room to fold over your pockets.  Dip your finger in water and run it over two adjacent sides.  (You can see it in the picture on the right here.)  This acts as glue and holds the wontons together.

Fold the wontons into triangles.  I brushed mine with butter, but I don't think it helped to make them brown because they actually got browner where I didn't put the butter.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5 - 7 minutes or until golden brown.  I think I had to cook mine longer, but I don't remember :(  I'm trying to get caught up on all my blog posts!  I'll do better next time!

Last step: Enjoy!  
Just the right amount of sweet and crunch!

The Verdict
I foresee many wonton wrappers in my future.  The possibilities for stuffing are pretty endless.  Savory.  Sweet.  You name it.  I'll try it.  Yum!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment