Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries: Part II

So, here's the rest of the sweet potato fry story - this time I tried a few different things:
1) savory flavor: salt, pepper, and cumin
2) I tried cutting them into disks instead of long fry shapes
3) A hotter oven temperature for a shorter amount of time.

I kept thinking that these would make great appetizers - a dollop of sour cream and some dill.  Oh my. Yum!  This time, I added a dollop of ketchup and indulged in this healthy treat.

Wash & dry sweet potatoes.

Cut into shapes.  Cutting the disks were SO MUCH easier than the fry shapes.  I didn't feel like I was going to lose a finger at any moment.

Gather spices.

Drizzle with olive oil and add salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.  Mix thoroughly.

Bake at 425 for 12 - 15 minutes.  Flip each sweet potato and continue to cook for an additional 12 - 15 minutes.  Mine took 15 minutes on side 1 and 12 minutes on side 2.

Enjoy! Mmm.

The Verdict
Loved the new shape. These were like little mini baked sweet potatoes - not so much of a "fry" type texture, but good nonetheless.  For the traditional fry I would use the Sweet Potato Fries: Part I recipe.  These weren't as crunchy as those - so it all depends on what you are looking for.  I loooooved the addition of the cumin.  It made the sweet potatoes have a slightly smokey flavor - something I'm not used to because I usually go for the sweet flavors.  I will definitely be trying this more!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment