Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Here we go!!!

I am so excited to be working on this amazing blog with my dear friend.  I have been using her recipes for over a year now because they are super family friendly and fit right into my time schedule (which means they have to be ready fast!)  The recipes provided by this blog even helped me store up food for when my second Little One was born so I wouldn't have to cook for a while. Seriously, this "virtual" cookbook has been a life saver for my family.

I guess I can take a minute to introduce myself.  I am a wife to an amazing, selfless man. Love him!  I have two little tornadoes in my house. One tornado is 3 years old and the other is 1 year old.  I love them both with all of my heart and soul.  They are why I do what I do. I have always been into health and nutrition; I was a runner all through high school and college; and have worked to maintain a good healthy lifestyle. After having kids however, I knew I was going to have work a bit harder to get back into the clothes I had stored away (I mean, come on, you can't throw away an entire wardrobe.). That is when I discovered fitness challenges - online accountability groups to help motivate and encourage me. I found some AMAZING at home work outs that line up with the small amount of time I had as a new mom.  Voila!  I was set to go. These challenges changed me from the inside out as I tackled fitness and nutrition with support all in my corner.  

That is why I am now a coach myself.  I'm not a certified nutritionist or personal trainer. I am just a mom who has been there. I offer encouragement, support, and the "been there done that" mentality.  I love working with people to achieve goals they never thought possible. I have resources, tools, and plans to help you get where you want to be mentally and physically - no matter what your fitness level!  

I'm excited to get on here and share some of the recipes I have discovered as part of clean eating.  My husband and I have really bonded in this as a hobby together. We love trying out new things and we tend to focus on plant based eating.  The way we feel when we try to focus on this way of life is incredible!  We love it!! My hubby is big into gardening (not me -I kill plants just by looking at them) but this has really been a fun way for us to share time in the kitchen.  Don't get me wrong - we still love our pizza and brownies and dairy - this is more of an experimental life style than a complete "banning" of a particular type of food. I'm not into creating "good" food/"bad" food lists.  Too restrictive for me!!

So please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you. If you have questions about exercise, clean eating, how to balance it with little ones or whatever - just drop me a line. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability. I look forward to sharing in this journey with you and learning from your experiences as well.





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment