Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Quesadilla Crazies!

I want to take a quick minute and give you some ideas that I have been trying out on my kids.  I wouldn't call this a recipe post necessarily. This post is more of a compilation on a theme we have been working on.  My kids will eat quesadillas most of the time (my 2 year old being the most picky and fickle).  In an effort to vary their diet but also give them something they will actually eat, I have been experimenting with all types of quesadillas.  So here is a list of some of the quesadillas we've had here. I'm sorry for the lack of pictures but I was just thinking today that I should share some of our go-to lunches.

I make all of the quesadillas by spraying Pam in the skillet and toasting for a few minutes on the stove. I have to be careful because if they are too crunchy, the kids won't eat them.

1.  Blueberry Quesadilla
Spread half of the tortilla with Laughing Cow cinnamon cheese spread. Top with handful of blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I served this for breakfast but it would be a fun lunch too.





 2. The Pizzadilla
Spread half of tortilla with pizza sauce, cheese, and any veggies you can sneak in. I try to sneak in spinach or green peppers. Sometimes I get it past them and sometimes I don't!  

3.  Standard Cheese
This one is just shredded cheese. I let them dip it in ranch.  Again I try to sometimes sneak in veggies like green peas or broccoli.  

4.  PB and Banana
This is a favorite in our house. I spread half of the tortilla with peanut butter and top with banana slices, drizzle of honey, and a few chocolate chips.  DELICIOUS!  Could be for lunch or breakfast but it is typically lunch for us.

5.  Pumpkin Quesadilla
In a bowl I mix together 2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree and 2 tablespoons of cream cheese. I spread that on half of the tortilla. I top with a drizzle of honey and cinnamon. These were definite keepers.


If you are stuck in a rut with lunch ideas, try one of these out and let me know your thoughts and if your kids liked it. I'll tell you this, they aren't just for kids - these things are delicious!  Try one out for yourself.  

Always looking for inspiration so if you have a fun lunch idea for preschool and toddlers, send them our way!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment