Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Here is a quick little sandwich idea for you.  Sometimes Pinterest gets the best of me and I find all kinds of interesting recipes to try. This recipe just really jumped out at me as something easy I could make for lunch that would give me some variety too.  So I went for it and I liked it - even more than I thought I would. I love to fix this and have it in mini whole wheat pita with a fresh salad.  It doesn't take more than 5 or so minutes to make but gives you a lunch straight out of a deli!

Here's What You Need:
-  15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
-  spoonful of capers (optional)
I love adding these in - give it an extra kick!
-  2 stalks celery chopped

-  1/2 medium onion chopped
-  big spoonful of vegan mayonnaise (if you are trying to keep it vegan - if not use normal!)
I love this stuff!!!

Here's What You Do:
1.  Mash the beans first (I use a potato masher to do it!)
2.  Add in capers and mayo. If using a processor pulse these with the beans. Otherwise just stir it in!
I added in some green peas we had in the fridge! That is the beauty of this, you can really mix it up.
3.  Stir in the celery and onion
4.  Serve on top of your bread of choice and top with mustard, lettuce or your favorite sandwich toppers

I seriously love to whip this up on a Sunday after church for me and the hubs!  Let me know what you think.  If you are going vegan or mostly vegan, this is a great substitute for your standard chicken salad sandwich when you just crave that comfort food!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm....I make this all the time but never thought to add capers...I will definitely try it next time!

    ReplyDelete