Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Breakfast Waffle Kabobs and Cinnamon Dip

This had to be written up today, now, asap. Why? Because most mornings getting Jackson to eat breakfast is a struggle. I have to turn on the iPad to distract him (please don't judge) and then I have to basically feed it to him. If left to feed himself, it just sits on his tray, gets cold, and life goes on. The boy isn't a breakfast person.

Enter waffle kabobs. 

I put one on his plate this morning, turned around and it was gone!  Gone!

Once I showed him how to take the fruit and waffle off, dip in the bowl of cinnamon yogurt dip, the boy went to town.



So this takes about 2 minutes prep time depending on your toaster speed. Now if you are an awesome A+ mom and can make your own waffles, I say go for it. We do not have a waffle maker but I could probably do this with mini pancakes. Alas, I just used Eggo mini waffles.  

Here's What You Need:
-Eggo mini waffles (or your own if you are that awesome!)
-fresh fruit cut up (we used bananas and blueberries but you can use whatever you have on hand!)
-1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
-1 tablespoon or so of maple syrup
-1/4 tsp cinnamon

Here's What You Do:
1. Toast your waffles.
2.  Assemble with fruit on the kabobs
3.  Mix the yogurt, syrup, and cinnamon together for an awesome dip 
(this could be use outside of this dish for a yummy snack with fruit)

ENJOY. 

You can see my kiddos did enjoy. Elli ate hers and asked me to make another and Jackson ate all of his. Presentation really is everything isn't it?

Hope this helps you out one morning too.


She was too occupied watching Care Bears to smile at me.

Please enjoy the following pics of Jackson.  His many camera poses.  Although he is crinkling his nose - he really does like it. This is just Jackson. All day long.




Original recipe can be found here:  http://www.momontimeout.com/2013/04/fruit-n-waffle-kabobs-with-maple-cinnamon-yogurt-dip/




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment