Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Oatmeal Freezer Cups - A Quick and Easy Breakfast Option

My kids love oatmeal.  They really do.  They eat it all year round and I admit - I just buy the packs. I've always just done the packs because I am lazy and don't want to clean up the pot afterwards. When I saw the idea of freezer ready oatmeal cups, I figured I would give it a try.  These were very easy to prep and I love that you can do tons of different flavors and combos.  These make a great option for anyone really - hubby, me or kiddos.  My daughter wasn't home when I made these or she would have loved to add the toppings in.  Next time!


Here's What You Need:
-  Old fashioned rolled oats
-  any toppings you want to include (fruit, nuts, spices)

 Here's What You Do:
1.  Prepare a batch of old fashioned oats according to directions. 
(I made it for six servings so I would have plenty to freeze.)

2.  Once prepared, scoop the oatmeal into greased muffin tins. 
(I had enough for about 16-18 muffin tins.)


3.  Top with any and everything you can think of.


4.  Stick the entire muffin tin in the freezer for about 3 hours.
5.  Take out of the freezer, remove from tin, wrap individually, and store in freezer.  
(I wrapped mine in aluminum foil)

When ready to eat:
1.  Unwrap and place in microwave safe bowl.
2.  I microwaved for about 1-2 minutes.
3.  Splash a bit of milk and maybe a sprinkle of brown sugar on top (that's up to you!)


Enjoy!  If Jackson will eat it, I feel pretty confident saying most kids will. He tried out the banana chocolate chip combo this morning and ate the whole bowl.  So I call that a win!


So the flavors we made this time around were:  plain, chocolate chips, chocolate chips with banana, just banana, and apple. I think blueberry would have been yummy but we didn't have any. I also topped each one with a sprinkle of brown sugar.

This is so easy to make, they are ready for any morning, and they are home made. I know exactly what is in them and can customize them for my kids' liking.  This is a win win and something we will be using a lot!

Let me know how you serve yours!!







Original recipe here:  http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/08/28/diy-freezer-oatmeal-cups/
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment