Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - Yep

So I am kinda obsessed with pumpkin right now. I can prove it. I have pumpkin waffles, pumpkin butter, pumpkin coffee, and pumpkin creamer in my house at this very minute.  Needless to say, when I heard about making pumpkin cinnamon rolls, I had to try it.  This recipe was a lot of fun to create with my 4 year old. It is really easy to make and only bakes for 20 minutes. Try this out. You will NOT be disappointed.




Here's What You Need:
-  refrigerated crescent rolls
-  pumpkin butter
-  brown sugar/cinnamon
-  cream cheese
-  butter
-  vanilla
-  powdered sugar

Now I realize that I am not giving specific amounts. That is because I played it by ear a bit. I'll tell you approximately what I used but the original recipe had way more quantity than I needed. I didn't want these things topped with so much sugar my kids would be bouncing off the walls. So feel free to try out their specific amounts or play with it a bit like I did.

Here' What You Do:
1.  Preheat oven to 375.  
2.  Spread the crescent rolls out on a flat sheet and press together into one long rectangle.  Try to smush (for lack of a better term) the seams together.  My little one had a blast doing this.


3.  Spread the pumpkin butter over the rolls. I probably used 3-4 tablespoons of this but you can do as much or as little as you'd like. I ran out of pumpkin butter or I would have done more!


4.  Sprinkle the top with a little brown sugar and cinnamon for added fun.
5.  Roll the flattened sheet into a tube.  Use a serrated knife (this was a bit difficult but I was able to pull it off. The original recipe used dental floss to cut) to slice into pieces.


6.  Place the rolls in a pre-greased 8x8 baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes (mine took 20).


While those are baking - whip up your cream cheese spread.
1. Soften (I placed in the microwave for a few seconds) about 3 tablespoons cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter.
2.  Add in about 3-4 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
3.  Add about 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla
Here is where I tasted to check sweetness.  YUM.  If you want a thinner icing, add a few splashes of milk.


Now you can increase the quantity you use to make more icing but even with this amount I had left over icing.

When the rolls are done baking, spread this on top and ENJOY.


Seriously.

Fall is but once a year!




Original recipe here:  http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/easy-mini-pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls/
  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment