Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Pudding in a Bowl

This may be the last pumpkin for breakfast recipe (although I'm not making any promises).

This idea of pumpkin pudding made from bran cereal intrigued me.  I will admit it is a bit more in the prep work than the other two pumpkin recipes posted this week. Don't worry -  it isn't super labor intensive unless you consider pushing the button on a blender labor intensive.

What do you do with the left over pumpkin you have after making the pumpkin parfaits from our previous post? Well, you make pumpkin pudding in a bowl!

This comes from one of my favorite food blogs. Seriously, I haven't been disappointed on her blog yet.  See the link at the bottom to check out more of her stuff.




Here is What You Need:
*  1/3 cup pumpkin puree
*  3/4 cup almond milk
*  1 cup bran flake cereal
*  1/2 tsp vanilla
*  1/2 tsp cinnamon
*  pinch of salt
*  pinch of brown sugar (to taste - or other sweetener like stevia, maple syrup etc)
*  optional toppings like chocolate chips or pecans

Here is What You Do:
1.  Blend all the ingredients together.
2.  Place in fridge for about 10-15 minutes for it to harden up into a pudding like consistency.
So I made mine before the kiddos woke up, stuck it in the fridge and boom  - breakfast was ready when they got up!
3.  Take out of the fridge, put on your toppings ( I added a bit more brown sugar and some chocolate chips).
4. ENJOY!



Verdict?  My daughter LOVED this for breakfast. My son was so intrigued because she asked for the left overs at lunch. He proceeded to try it and eat 2 servings at lunch as well.  So no left overs for tomorrow but hey - so glad they liked it.

I love when something crazy like this actually pleases BOTH children.  It is a rare occurrence but I'll take it!

Enjoy fall loving friends!







Original recipe:  http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/29/pumpkin-bread-in-a-bowl/
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment