Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Peanut Butter Granola - Only 4 Ingredients

Granola is something I love. Seriously.  I probably love it too much.  I love the satisfying crunch and the sweetness.  I have seen countless recipes for making my own granola but it always seemed "out of my league."  I'm not a great baker or chef so trying something like granola just seemed like too much. Until I stumbled across the recipe for 4 ingredient peanut butter granola. Well this got my attention because:
1.  it involved peanut butter
2:  it had less than 5 ingredients.



I decided to give it a try and man am I glad I did. So if you are like me and scared to check this out - DON'T BE. I promise you can make this. If I can bake it, you certainly can too.


Here's What You Need:
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats

Here's What You Do:
1.  Preheat oven to 325
2.  Melt the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar in a microwavable bowl for about 25 seconds (I mean you can do it on the stove but why not save a pot!)



3.  Pour the mixture onto the oats in a mixing bowl and stir to evenly coat.



4.  Place on a lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. (I did coat my sheet with Pam just to be safe.)

5. Bake for 20 minutes stirring once about halfway through.



6.  Allow it to cool completely and then enjoy!

You can put this on yogurt, use it as cereal, or on top of a banana with peanut butter. The options are endless!  Or you can be like my family and eat it by the  handful just plain. My picky two year old was literally shoving fistfuls of it into his mouth.

I call that a win!

Hope you enjoy this little protein packed delicious treat.








Original recipe here:  http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/04/peanut-butter-granola-4-ingredients/
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment