Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lazy Chicken Nachos

The last time I made the Lazy Chicken Dinner, I used pasta sauce.  This time I used salsa and made it into nachos.  I know it's almost the same thing, but I was so proud of how it turned out I had to repost to make sure you understand just how easy and versatile this recipe really is.


An easy and delicious meal in under 10 minutes.
I used a jar of medium salsa, three fresh chicken breasts, one chipotle chili in adobe sauce (lay it on top so it can be removed halfway through cooking so it won't be too hot) and about half a can of green chiles.  I put everything in the trusty crockpot and cooked it on high for 3 hours.  If you use frozen chicken breasts cook it 4 hours on high or 8 hours low.  I shredded the chicken breasts and put the shredded chicken back in the sauce.  Easy as that.

This is how much meat that was left after 2 generous portions for DH and I.  It's enough for another whole meal tomorrow.  Or, I might turn the leftovers into enchiladas with the addition of a can of black beans and some enchilada sauce.  I love me some cook once, use twice meals!

I laid down some chips, some shredded lettuce, the shredded chicken, cheese, reduced fat plain greek yogurt, and topped it off with some sliced green onions.  I actually put a little shredded coleslaw mix on top of the lettuce for some extra nutrition and crunch, leftovers from my "It was a Monday" almost disaster.  The coleslaw mix was going to be used for coleslaw last week with a pulled pork sandwich.  Found it in the fridge today.  Oh well.


Hope you're inspired to cook a delicious meal on those days you just want to be lazy!  I'm so grateful for the crockpot!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment