Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken

50.  That's right folks, my daddy is currently vacationing in his 50th state: Hawai'i!!  A goal I hope to accomplish too one day.  So in honor of my parents mini vacation, today I give you Hawaiian Chicken - a spin on the lazy chicken recipe.  

Here's how easy it is - Easy as 1 - 2 - 3:

1) Pull out a can of crushed pineapple and a bottle of barbecue sauce out of the pantry and 3 frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer.

2.  Dump everything together in a crockpot.  Cover and heat on high for 4 hours or low for 8.  (I usually do low for 4 and high for 2, depending on how much time I've got.)  

3.  Go do whatever else you need to do.  And dinner is ready when you are!

The Verdict:
This is one of our standby recipes because I usually always have the ingredients on hand.  Sometimes I shred the chicken in the sauce and sometimes we eat it whole.  I usually always serve it over rice and with some kind of microwavable vegetable.  Now I have to be honest, I didn't love the Hickory Smoke flavor of the barbecue sauce.  Our favorite to use is John Boy & Billy Barbecue sauce, but we can't find it where we live now.  Regardless, this sweet and tangy dish leaves the chicken moist and the sauce is a great companion!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment